Remember Preparation is the Key!
• Start an email list.
• Use the free tools such as HubSpot or your own excel spreadsheet.
• Find out who on your email list is also on Facebook & LinkedIn and focus on them
• Join relevant groups
• Join Slack or Facebook groups of fellow entrepreneurs or people who are in your niche
• Get to know and help people in these groups
• Don’t Be Spammy!
Start this at least 2 weeks to 1 month before the launch
• Create an Excel file with the supporters you’re counting on
• Add all of your (and your team’s) friends that are also on Facebook, twitter LinkedIn etc
• Look for levers — who is an influencer or has a massive following?
• Who upvoted similar products that are in the same space on PH?
• Prepare your messages
• Prepare your email to your list & email templates
• Prepare your Facebook & LinkedIn posts
• Prepare your tweets
• Remember: Don’t ask for votes 😊
• Prepare images you’ll share on Facebook Linkedin & Twitter and other channels
Start this on the Launch Day
• Update all your social profiles announcing you are being featured on DMS
• Send out your email newsletter to your built-up email list
• Post your messages to the relevant Facebook & Slack groups
• Post on Facebook and LinkedIn 3-4 times tag in @Digitalmediasearch both on Linkedin & facebook so we can see the work your putting in.
• Post on any social accounts where you have a massive and engaged following
• Include a Photo / Video whenever you can
• Reply to comments on your DMS page as soon as you can
• Reach out to any influencers you have on your list
• Message everybody in your supporters Excel sheet
• Make the message as personal as possible.
• See who is currently online in Slack chats and talk to them 1-on-1
• Remember: #Hustle.
Start this the day after launch day
• Thank everybody who helped with the launch
• This is another opportunity to convert them into potential customer’s email
• When you thank people, say it with a giphy!